Hours: Mon.–Fri. 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
As a beacon for public education in Georgia, the doors of Massie Common School opened on October 15, 1856, welcoming over 150 students and remained open until 1974. Designed by nationally acclaimed architect John S. Norris, Massie is listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings. After serving generations of Savannah students, today’s Massie is a museum for local history and architecture.