As Hurricane Michael approaches, Savannah Chatham County Public Schools announce that there will be no school Thursday. There will also be no City trash pickup in scheduled areas for Thursday. Trash collection for Thursday’s route will take place on Friday, Oct. 12.
Chatham Emergency Management Agency announces a Tornado Watch for this area until 2 a.m.
· The City of Savannah will delay opening until noon Thursday. That means City buildings will be closed and City services will be suspended until noon. The regular City Council meeting will take place as scheduled at 2 p.m. However the usual City Council workshop prior has been canceled. Public Safety and Public Works operations will continue to operate during the storm.
· The City’s Adult Day Care and Senior Centers will be CLOSED Thursday, October 11. The Community Centers are scheduled to open at their regular time tomorrow afternoon at 3 p.m.
· Parking Garages will be OPEN tomorrow. Parking enforcement in the garages and on the street will not begin until noon tomorrow.
· Recorder’s Court’s traffic court and felony hearings have been CANCELLED. Recorder’s Court will send out new court dates and times by mail to everyone scheduled for tomorrow’s docket.
· Chatham County offices will have a delayed opening on Thursday and will resume normal operations at 12:00pm. Those having business with the Chatham County Court System should call the Court to determine the status of any court cases.
· Savannah Tech is closed today and will remain closed Thursday.